You may be aware that most of the products out there on the shelves aren’t made organically or naturally and contain a lot of toxic chemicals and sugar. Making things yourself not only saves you money, but lets you know where your products are coming from and exactly what’s in it.
Whenever you can, use organic foods and ingredients in recipes. Use sea salt instead of table salt. Use healthy oils like coconut oil. Use raw cane sugar or honey as sweetener instead of refined white sugar. Choosing the cleanest ingredients is the best choice for your mind and body.
Benefits: GMO Free, Refined Sugar Free, Corn Free, High in Anti-Oxidants, High in Vitamin C, Vegan, and Gluten Free
Total Prep Time: 10 minutes
Serves: (4.5 cups)
4 cans/jars (6 oz each – 3 cups) of Organic Tomato Paste (or make your own)
1 cup of water
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar (or white vinegar)
4 tablespoons honey or maple syrup (or 1 teaspoon stevia powder)
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 teaspoon Himalayan salt (sea salt)
A pinch of each of the following to taste: Cayenne Pepper, Cinnamon, Cloves
2 teaspoons chia seeds (for thickness)
1. Put the ingredients in a blender and blend well.
2. Pour into a glass or container and store in the fridge. Let flavors mesh together overnight for great flavor.
Total Prep Time: 10 minutes
Serves: (1.5 cups)
1/2 cup soy milk
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon ground mustard
2 teaspoons garlic powder
2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
2 teaspoons agave
1 cup organic canola oil
Place soy milk, sea salt, ground mustard, garlic powder, vinegar and agave in a blender. Place the lid on the blender and turn to slow.
Take the middle part of the blender’s lid out while the blender is still running and slowly pour in the canola oil.
Place the lid back on and blend until the mayo is thick and creamy.
This recipe is awesome as is or you can use it as a base and add whatever flavor you like. More garlic (maybe minced and sautéed in a little canola oil before you add it), chives, dill, sun dried tomato, let your imagine run wild and have fun.
You can double this recipe for a bigger batch if need be.
MUSTARD WITH HERBS
Total Prep Time: 5 mins
Serves: 1.5 cups
2/3 cup (120gr) yellow mustard seeds
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
2/3 cup water
2 Tbsp fresh thyme
1.5 Tbsp fresh rosemary
1/2 tsp chili flakes (depending on how hot you want the mustard you can use mild chili flakes or hot ones)
1/3 tsp sea salt
1 tsp raw honey or maple syrup
1/4 cup water at room temperature
1. Mix apple cider vinegar with water and add mustard seeds. Leave to soak for 2 to 3 days. The mustard seeds will absorb almost all the liquid and will start to smell like you’re about to make the best mustard on the planet.
2. Add mustard mix to a blender, together with the rest of the ingredients, and blitz until you get a smooth consistency. If you think it’s too thick, add 2 Tbsp of water at a time and continue to blend until you get it smooth.
3. Spoon into jars, leaving no air bubbles if you can, and keep covered in the fridge.
Note: Mustard should keep well in the fridge, for up to few months. Though it’s best to consume it as fresh as possible. Start making those delicious honey & mustard salad dressings!